- Job Seekers
- About UCB UK
- Contact Us
Burden of disease
- Urge to move the legs
- Rest brings on the symptoms
- Gets better with movement
- Evenings and nights are worst
There is no cure for RLS but dopaminergic agents, (drugs that increase dopamine) are licensed in reducing the symptoms of RLS.3
1. www.patient.co.uk/health/Restless-Legs-Syndrome.htm (accessed August 2012)
2. National Sleep Foundation http://www.sleepfoundation.org/article/sleep-related-problems/restless-legs-syndrome-rls-and-sleep (accessed June 2012)
3. NINDS. Restless Legs Syndrome Fact Sheet http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/restless_legs/detail_restless_legs.htm (accessed June 2012)
4. Garcia-Borreguero et al. Algorithms for the diagnosis and treatment of restless legs syndrome in primary care (EURLSSG Guidelines).BMC Neurology 2011, 11-28.
5. Allen RP et al. REST Study. Arch Intern Med 2005; 165, 1286 – 1292
6. Chaudhuri et al. Restless legs Syndrome Handbook. Oxford University Press, 2009.
Oct 2012 - UK/12NE0079a