- UCB is a top five investor in UK pharmaceutical R&D*, investing over £230 million in 2010
- Globally UCB invests more than 20% of its sales revenue into R&D
- In the UK, UCB's R&D, Commercial and Corporate functions are located in Slough, Berkshire
- UCB employs around 600 staff in the UK, of whom about 400 are engaged in research and development activities
- The company supplies over 40 UK-approved medicines.
* based upon data in the 2010 BIS R&D Scoreboard (BIS = Department for Business, Innovation & Skills).